ACTIONS FOR IMPLEMENTATION
Communication, collaboration and partnership
- Develop agreed sector position statements for key issues, building consensus across the sector, underpinned with consistent policies and communications.
- Collaborate on shared opportunities of national significance, through both traditional and digital channels.
- Develop a sustainable approach, partnering and collaborating with Māori on water safety and drowning prevention, reflecting the partnership principle of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Expand joint sector strategic planning activities and deliver greater cross-sector integration and effective outcomes.
- Complete the implementation of the Regional Strategy pilots and develop a Fresh Water Strategy for the sector.
- Targeted interventions are in place for overrepresented groups, activities and locations.
- Open discussion and collaboration with the Pacific region regarding establishing tuakana-teina /mentoring relationship pathways for three New Zealand Pacific Territories and three Pacific region Islands by 2025.
- Engage and collaborate with organisations that have a significant role to play but may not have a major water safety or drowning prevention focus.
CROSS SECTOR REFERENCE GROUP